Ash Village Fete – Celebration of the Peace Day Centenary
The 2019 Ash Village Fete will be celebrating the official end of World War I which was on 19th July 1919. for more information on Peace Day please click Peace Day.
The Fete will be held on Saturday 20th July 2019 from 12 noon until 4pm.
During the afternoon there will be various events and attractions including;
- varied stalls – with games, tombola’s, raffles, gifts and much more;
- a Beer and Wine Tent – run by the Ash and Blackwater Valley Rotary Club;
- a BBQ – run by the Rushmoor Rotary Club;
- The Sandhurst and District Drum Corps – sponsored by Dover Garage;
- Open Class Dog Show – run by Chimney Farm International Dog Rescue and sponsored by Rivendell Vet Group ;
- Radio Frimley Park Outside Broadcast Unit;
- a Plate Smashing stall;
- a “roving” balloon man;
- Splats Circus Entertainment
Ash Museum will be staging a display in the Ash Centre Main Hall about the Ash Peace Day Celebrations 1919.
The Community Wellbeing Wardens are also arranging for a knitted and crocheted Poppy display to commemorate the World War I fallen who are listed on the Ash War Memorial. Over 30 people are helping to knit and crochet the individual poppies. The display will consist of 112 poppies, the number of fallen, and each poppy will have the name of an individual embroidered in the centre. The embroidery is being undertaken by children from local schools. Ash Museum have also provided the Community Wellbeing Wardens with details of the background of the fallen together with maps showing where they lived.
The event will be officially opened by the Mayor of Guildford Cllr Richard Billington and Chairman of Ash Parish Council, Cllr Nigel Manning at 12:15.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be NO open Flower, Fruit, Vegetable or Baking classes this year.
To enquire about running a stall, or for more information in connection with the Village Fete please call Ash Parish Council office on 01252 328287 or e-mail email@example.com
Please keep returning to this page as it will be updated as and when new attractions are confirmed.