Blackwater River Festival – 21st September to 29th September 2019
Help the Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership celebrate living in the Blackwater Valley.
Join them in an exciting week of free activities, highlighting what’s special about life in a river valley like the blackwater Valley.
Help with important river restoration work, see wildlife close up, walk on paths not normally open to the public and lots, lots more!
- Mammal survey at Moor Green Lakes;
- River walk;
- Bat walk at Shepherd Meadows – limited numbers – booking essential;
- Guided birdwatching walk at Tice’s Meadow;
- Managing meadows for wildlife walk/talk at Shepherd Meadows;
- The revival of the Blackwater Valley: 40 years and counting talk at Rowhill Nature Reserve;
- Walk and Talk from Darby Green Hall;
- River restoration at Hawley Meadows;
- Rail to Trail: walk and train ride – walk from North Camp to Crowthorne and return by train;
- Rail to Trail: circular walk from Sandhurst;
- River restoration at Rushmoor bottom;
- Rail to Trail: circular walk from Ash;
- Moth survey at Tice’s Meadow Nature reserve;
- Walk from Rushmoor Bottom;
- River volunteer work party at Tice’s Meadow Nature Reserve;
- Volunteer Day at Rowhill Nature reserve;
- Open Walks Day at moor green Lakes;
- Moth Survey at Rowhill.
For full details of date and times and as to whether booking is required click here.
22nd September 2019 is World Rivers Day for more information click here.