Can You Lend a Helping Hand by becoming a Volunteer Buddy.
To give short term assistance to people on a wide range of practical tasks, such as;
- Shopping for someone who is housebound;
- Accompanying a person to an appointment;
- Light gardening or simple DIY work;
- Help with food or cooking;
- Form filling and paperwork;
- Going for a walk with someone, swimming or other activity.
Once you have signed up to be a VOLUNTEER BUDDY your services will be used to match you to someone when they request some help. You will be contacted to see if you are available.
The volunteering is flexible, so that you can help others while able to continue with other commitments you may already have.
Travel expenses can be reimbursed.
For more details contact Volunteer Buddy co-ordinator David Rose by;
- mobile – 07825 419408 or
- e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Voluntary Action South West Surrey & Community Point
Community Point is a hub based at the volunteer Centre, 39 Castle street, Guildford, surrey, GU1 3UQ