Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Reporting a Flood

Following the recent severe flooding which resulted in a number of flooded highways, gardens and some properties, it has been advised by Surrey County Council that many residents took to social media to highlight the various issues rather than reporting these through the official channels.

Surrey County Council have advised that many residents go direct to them rather than through the normal enquiry routes.

In order that flooding issues can be reported quickly and efficiently the following methods should be used;


1) If you have an emergency where there is a threat to life or your house is likely to flood you should call 999, or the Environment Agency hotline on 0800 80 70 60.
2) If the highway is flooded you should call the highway emergency number 0300 200 1003.
3) If the sewers are overflowing then you should call the relevant utility company on their emergency number.

1) If the highway is flooded or a drain block then report on this link Report a Flood or block drain.
2) When you have general enquiries about flooding or you have been flooded report to Flooding General Enquiries. NOTE:This number is NOT monitored out of normal business hours.