This years Remembrance Day Service and Parade will be held on Sunday 11th November.
The Ash in Bloom 2018 Presentation Evening was held on Wednesday 5th September.
Christmas Fantasia 2018 will be held on Saturday 1st December.
The Ash Centre will see the welcome return of the Friary Guildford Brass Band on Saturday 17th November 2018 at 7:00pm.
This years Ash Parish Council Village Fete was held on Saturday 14 July. The event was organised by the staff and councillors of Ash Parish Council. It was held as usual at the Ash Centre and the adjacent Recreation Ground in Ash Hill Road, Ash.
For the first time ever Ash Parish Council will be holding a FUN Dog Show, with open classes during the Ash Village Fete on Saturday 14 July 2018.
In 2018 we commemorate the centenary of the end of the First World War, a war from which so many soldiers didn’t return home.
Ash Parish Council are for the eigth year running holding our very own ASH In Bloom competition.
We hope that ASH In Bloom will encourage all residents and schools to make the Parish of Ash a brighter and greener place in which to live.
So why not join in by entering either yourself or nominate a neighbour, friend or other Parish Resident. There are five competition categories and you may win yourself or your nominee a prize and a certificate.
Judging will take place in secret during JULY and entry to all categories is FREE. The judge will be particularly looking for the use of environmental practices such as peat free soil, composting, water butts and wormeries.
All winners will be invited to attend a presentation ceremony at the Ash Centre on 5th September 2018, where there will also be an opportunity to meet other winners, our competition sponsors, to be announced, and the judge.
2018 will also see the Ash in Bloom open classes being held on Saturday 14 July, at the same time as The Village Fete. For full details please click the link below.
So dig out those gardening gloves and tools or go potty with those plants and get growing for ASH In Bloom.
Rules of Entry
1. Entrants/Nominees must reside in the Parish of Ash.
2. Entry forms must be received at the Ash Parish Council office by
FRIDAY 22 JUNE 2018 . CLOSING DATE NOW EXTENDED TO SATURDAY 30 JUNE.
3. All entries must be submitted on an official entry form. Entry forms are available:
i) by clicking on the relevant links below,
ii) from the Ash Parish Council Office.
4. Entries may be submitted by the householder/owner or by a third party nominator.
5. Judging for the main ASH In Bloom event will take place, unannouced, during July, after the closing date. You will NOT be notified of a particular day or time.
6. All entries MUST be accessible from the street.
7. Entrants and category prize winners agree to their entry, and themselves, being photographed and any resulting photographs being used by Ash Parish Council in future advertising.
For an ASH In Bloom application form ASH In Bloom
For an ASH In Bloom open classes entry form click Show Schedule Booklet 2018