Christmas Fantasia 2019 – Report
Christmas Fantasia 2019 took place on Saturday 30th November, at the ash centre and on Ash Wharf. This years event was once again sponsored and supported by many local businesses, organisations and individuals.
Inside the Ash Centre the Christmas Fayre saw many local individuals, organisations and charities running various stalls, attractions, games, and raffles, throughout the afternoon. Stalls holders were;
- 1st Ash Vale Scout Group;
- Amy Waple – Beauty Therapist and Nail Technician;
- Ash Hill Evening WI;
- Ash Museum;
- Beverley and Barrie Ames;
- Bonique – Jennifer Reeves;
- Busy Beans – Sian Avery;
- Butterflies Pre School at St Mary’s Church;
- Childrens Liver Disease Foundation – Tina Pittock;
- Craft Club – Mrs Susan Bond;
- Churches together
- David North;
- Francoise Lewing;
- Hogs Back Bees and Bee Products – Astrid Bowers-Veenman;
- Hydestile Resident Animals – Miss J Goodhand;
- Jean Mansfield;
- Mrs E Pengilly;
- Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice;
- RSPCA Shop;
- SCYP Volunteering;
- Swan Craft Design & Knitty Nora’s Krochet – Deirdre Hoare;
- Utility Warehouse;
- Winter Warmers – Pauline Sharod.
Ash Parish Council ran their usual tombola and raffle, where all money raised will be donated to a local charity. Ash Parish Council would like to thank all of the following for their donations to the tombola and raffle;
- Admiral Public House;
- Ash Hill Evening WI;
- Ash Vale Kebab House;
- Bo Wah Fish Bar;
- Co-op Stores – Ash Street;
- Cutthroat Barbers;
- Fish for Tackle;
- Forget Me Not;
- Hampshire Metal Craft;
- Happy Garden Takeaway;
- K and S Hair Studio;
- Magic Signs;
- ME Estate Agents;
- Mitchell and Partners;
- Nails Beauty;
- One Stop Stores;
- RSPCA Charity Shop;
- Spice of India;
- Tesco Express;
- The Greedy Pig;
- The Lion Brewery;
- The Optical Centre;
- The Swan;
- Tilthams Garage;
- Vale Café;
- Vale Furnishers;
- Vale Veterinary Practice;
- Woodstock Stores.
A large crowd, as the darkness fell, gathered on Ash Wharf where the Chairman of Ash Parish Council, Cllr Nigel Manning, accompanied by the Ash Vale Ensemble and the Churches Together Choirs, led the carol singing around the Christmas Tree. There was plenty of snow throughout the event.
Father Christmas arrived by sleigh, and after the traditional countdown, switched on the Christmas Tree lights. During his journey to and from the Tree Father Christmas gave out sweets to the children.
Ash Parish Council would also like to thank;
- Surrey County Councillor, Cllr Marsha Moseley for providing funding for the Christmas Tree;
- Bridges Estate Agents for providing the electricity for the Tree lights throughout the festive period;
- The Dover Garage for once again sponsoring the Christmas Tree Lights.
After the light switching on ceremony everyone was invited back to the Ash Centre for Mulled wine and Mince Pies, and to snap up some last minute Christmas Gifts from the many stalls.
Ash Parish Council would finally like to thank;
- Co-Op Stores – Ash wharf for providing the Mince Pies;
- The Mothers Union for providing tea, coffee, biscuits and cakes throughout the afternoon.
To view a video of the Christmas Tree Light Countdown click – Light Switch on.
Video copyright – Neil Bidwell
Click on a thumbnail below to view the photos at full size.
Ash Wharf photos copyright – Neil Bidwell