Friary Brass Band Concert – February 2020 – Report
Saturday 8th February 2020 saw the welcome return to the Ash Centre for the 5th time (indoors – 1 time outdoors ) of the Friary Brass Band. The Friary Brass Band is currently ranked number 21 in the world.
Surrey Search & Rescue is a voluntary specialist search team which assists the emergency services find missing vulnerable adults and children. We are on-call 24 hours a day, with a team of 80+ people and search dogs, to respond across Surrey and surrounding areas.
The Band under the direction of Musical Director and conductor Chris King played the following play list;
- Intrada – Ein Fest Burg;
- Die Fledermaus;
- Hejre Kati – Cornet Soloist Richard Straker;
- A Foggy, Foggy May;
- Bring Him Home – Euphonium Soloist Chris Straker;
- Live and Let Die – Soprano Cornet Soloist James Nash;
- Laudate Dominium;
- Variations on Laudate Dominion.
30 minute interval
- Eyes of a Child – Flugel Soloist Lauren Straker;
- Disney Fantasy;
- In The Tavern;
- All Through the Night;
- Robin Harry – Xylophone Soloist Will Rowling;
- Adventures on Earth from ET.
The concert closed with the following encore;
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody
The concert raised an amount of £1,375.00 all of which will go the Surrey Search and Rescue.
To view the Band playing Live and Let Die click here.
To view the Band playing Eyes of a Child click here.
To view Band member Will Rowling on Xylophone click here.
To view part of the Bands encore – I Wanna Dance With Somebody click here.
To view the full picture click on a thumbnail below;